The CFO is the custodian of past and future value. The CFO’s role is to help navigate growth opportunities so that they are pursued efficiently, profitably and with minimal risks, and you are passionate and able to leverage tech to build greater insights about the state of the business.
Partnering the CEO and Leadership team, you are someone who is experienced and will focus on corporate finance / fundraising and financial planning.
- Develop and update consolidated and business entity-specific financial projections regionally according to business requirements, growth plans and direction.
- Lead and manage annual and ad-hoc financial budgeting process(es) with all stakeholders.
- Supervise, monitor and report financial and business performances and forecasts, initiate recommendations for corrective actions to minimize any negative impact from variances.
- Lead and manage end-to-end fundraising exercises and processes including but not limited to investor relations, data room, due diligence process, negotiations on investment terms and closing.
- Maintain and expand investor relations globally.
- Advise on financial prospects of new business, expansion and acquisition opportunities.
- Identify and advise on opportunities for operational improvements and scalability, cost reduction, and platform enhancements.
- Supervise and advise on process design requirements, financial, credit and commercial terms, vendor selection and management for all products and platforms at operational level including but not limited to payments and collections.
- Supervise, manage and ensure all fiscal activities of all group companies are in compliant with accounting practices, standards, reporting procedures with all relevant regulations, shareholder and board requirements.
- Supervise, manage and ensure that all routine and ad-hoc financial audits, regulatory and internal audits progress smoothly.
- Lead and manage regular internal and external management reports, financial reportings to regulators and perform stress-test(s) where necessary.
- Maximize returns on funds raised by identifying investment opportunities.
You will need to...
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any analytical course and ideally with an MBA from an elite business school
- At least 5 – 8 years’ experience in financial planning and senior management role including fundraising experience globally for Series B stage tech companies.
- Those in Insurtech, Fintech or tech-driven start-ups, with corporate structuring experience involving financial institutions are desirable.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to establish chemistry with the Sunday team
- Proven negotiation skills, able to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- A rigorous work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.